Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ah, connections!

I had the opportunity last night to go and hear three of my published chaptermates speak at a local library.

Now, when I say 'chaptermates', most people think oh, Jane, Sally and Sue Doe who nobody really recognizes and what did they write anyway?

That's not who I mean.

These three fantastic ladies were Celeste Bradley, Brenda Novak and Allison Brennan. What a lineup, eh? No slackers these ladies, they are all multi-published, they're all wildly successful and they're all wonderful and full of information and inspiration.

This is one of the many reasons why I love my RWA chapter. Sure, there are people I don't get along with. Yes, we can get catty occasionally. It's an organization comprised primarily of women. I challenge anyone to put large numbers of us together for any length of time and not see fur fly. Most of the time, though, we exchange information, support one another and lend tissues and shoulders when the going gets tough.

Which is important. When you work in a vacuum, as writers often do, it's nice to be able to take a break and spend some time around people who get it, and get you. Cats and all.

Oh! Nearly forgot to mention. Our newsletter group has a group blog, too. No telling exactly what you'll find there, yet, but swing by once in a while and see what we have to say.

3 comments:

Kate said...

OT I finally managed to put you on my stupid blog. I don't know why it tortures me so to do make additions!

Sarah Palmero said...

But you're here now! Yay!

Loribelle Hunt said...

It sounds wonderful Sara. Don't get me started about catty lol. I once lived in a barracks with 50 other women. That's some scary stuff lol!