Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On and on I go.

I am updating the sidebar with more new releases today. If you are here to give me information about a new release, please make sure to give me release dates. If you're not sharing news about a book, letting me know when the publisher tends to do updates is just as appreciated, I promise. :)

The discussion on plagiarism and Savage Gate (which name makes me snicker a little--edited to use the right name, even) continues, which makes me happy. I'm not so thrilled by the antagonism still going on in some corners, but not because I think anyone's doing anything wrong. Just that it exists. For all that I wade into discussions with some regularity, and have my own hot button topics, I'm also often a hopeless Pollyanna who really would prefer everyone to get along.

Oh the complexity of me!

In other news: Ann Aguirre has a new book coming out in February. I've read her writing and loved it, and have been looking forward to this book for a while. I can hardly wait! She's hosting a contest on her blog for a series of honestly outstanding prizes, like gift cards to Barnes and Noble and Amazon, etc.

What do you have to do? Well, first you take the quiz:










KICK-BUTT CONTEST! Answer five questions, earn chances to win fabulous prizes.


The official GRIMSPACE quiz*










Ever wondered what job you'd hold down on a star ship?
Yes!
Uhm, no... *shifty look*
Banana Hammock!









and then you go back to Ann's blog and follow the steps? Simple? Simple!

I personally came out a Jumper. I can handle being interstellar royalty, I think. ;)

Go check it out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My computer is melting down and won't give me my results, but I'll bet I'm royalty too. I love tellig people what to do.

Sarah Palmero said...

Ha! I guess I can get pretty bossy too, sometimes. According to the quiz, though, the Jumper's a thrill-seeker. That's so not me.

Denise Patrick said...

Thanks for the plug on your sidebar, but you got the name of my book wrong. It's "Strikes Don't Matter".

Sarah Palmero said...

Sorry about that, Denise. It's fixed.

Tanya Hanson said...

Thanks for mentioning my new release, Midnight Bride. If you like hot cowboys, I think you'll enjoy the story!

Best wishes,

Tanya Hanson