Thursday, January 31, 2008

My first Thirteen

Okay, I've seen Thursday Thirteen around for a long time and never tried to do that. It changes today. Ah ha ha. Or something. :)


Thirteen Things I Do Instead of Writing


1. Clean. Particularly the bathroom. The Engineer likes this, but it doesn't put words on the page.
2. Read. I have a TBR Mountain. Reading is never a bad thing. Unless I should be writing.
3. Eat. Can't type with my hands full, right?
4. Organize my BPAL collection. Which means mess it up more, really.
5. Cruise the internet. I will read webpages about just about anything when I'm procrastinating.
6. Play Solitaire. Solitaire is a conspiracy by programmers everywhere to sap the world of productivity, I swear.
7. Roleplay. Yep, I'm still a gamer girl. I will probably never outgrow this.
8. Torment Adore my cats. Fair's fair.
9. Go virtual shopping. I very often find a site, decide that I must have one of eveything, fill my shopping cart...and leave without buying a thing.
10. Read email. Write email. Wish for more email.
11. IM my friends, my husband, random strangers--okay, I'm not quite that bad.
12. Stare mindlessly into space. I usually come up with an idea or two while I'm doing this, but it's not the height of productivity.
13. Make lists of the things I should be writing. No, really.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

LOL!!!! I do all of them except number one. I don't clean. I'll write before I'll clean.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were doing TTs. You should have come by and left a comment on mine. I'd have been sure to loop by.

Sarah Palmero said...

I don't clean often, Jen, but I tell you what. When I'm procrastinating, I'll scrub the bathroom floor. ;)

Alice, I *just* started last week. I will make the rounds in the future!